About introduction of a visa-free regime for citizens of some states within 60 days
The law «About introduction of a visa-free regime for citizens of some states within 60 days»
The president of the Kyrgyz Republic Almazbek Atambayev signed the Law «About introduction of a visa-free regime for citizens of some states within 60 days».
President Almazbek Atambayev signed the Law «About introduction of a visa-free regime for citizens of some states within 60 days». The law is adopted with a view of simplification of procedures of issue of visas to foreign citizens and increases of appeal of the tourist market, development of tourism and attraction of investments.
Among 44 – x the countries included in the list – 29 members (from total number of the 34th member countries) the Organizations for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), except for members of OECD: Turkey (from which there is an agreement on a visa-free regime on a mutual basis for the term up to 30 days), Japan (for which citizens the unilateral visa-free regime within 10 years operates), and also Mexico, Chile and Israel. It is necessary to note that the accepted list included 44 of 67 the countries which are included into the List of the foreign states approved by the Government on which citizens the simplified visa regime (the resolution No. 87 the simplified visa regime extends from 07.02.2009 was established for 45 countries, with the subsequent additions – on 11 countries in 2010 and 2011).
Period of validity of the Law
Article 3 of the adopted Law defined its action «till December 31, 2020», thus, the resolution Parliament about adoption of this Law (from June 14, 2012 of N 2020-V) it is entrusted «To the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic to inform the countries concerning which citizens the visa-free regime is unilaterally entered, information that the visa-free regime for their citizens is entered within December 31, 2020 and in case of achievement put before the Law it will be more whole is entered on a termless basis».
It is necessary to note that Parliament (item 2) is entrusted to the Government by also specified resolution: «to consider the offer on introduction of obligatory medical insurance of all foreign citizens for their stay in the Kyrgyz Republic; to speed up work on introduction of the automated system of boundary control when crossing frontier on all check points».
Applying for Kyrgyz Visa.
1. The citizens of the countries listed below intending to visit Kyrgyzstan (by air or by land) up to 60 days do not need to obtain entry visa to Kyrgyzstan:
5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
9. Czech Republic
29. New Zealand
34. Saudi Arabia
38. South Korea
42. United Arab Emirates
43. United Kingdom
44. United States of America
The citizens of the countries listed above, traveling to Kyrgyzstan for the period more than 60 days are required to obtain the Kyrgyz visa in any Embassy of Kyrgyzstan before their trip to Kyrgyzstan.
2. The citizens of the countries listed below enjoying non-visa/partial visa regime
A. Citizens holding any type of passport of the following countries are exempt from visa requirement to enter Kyrgyzstan:
1. Azerbaijan Republic
2. Republic of Armenia
3. Republic of Belorussia
5. Republic of Kazakhstan
6. Korean Democratic People’s Republic,
7. Republic of Cuba
8. Malaysia (with official and tourist purpose up to one month)
9. Republic of Moldova
10. Mongolia (up to three months)
11. Russian Federation
13. Republic of Tajikistan
14. Turkey (up to one month)
15. Ukraine (up to three months)
17. Republic of Uzbekistan (up to two months)
B. Citizens holding diplomatic and official passports of the following countries are exempted from visa (up to one month):
1. Republic of Hungary
2. People’s Republic of China
4. Republic of Uzbekistan (up to two months)
6. Republic of Korea
7. Islamic Republic of Iran
8. Islamic Republic of Pakistan
C. Citizens holding diplomatic passports of following countries are exempted from visa requirement to enter Kyrgyzstan:
1. Republic of Austria
2. Kingdom of Belgium
3. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
4. Hellenic Republic
5. Kingdom of Denmark
6. Republic of Island
7. Kingdom of Spain
8. Italian Republic
11. Kingdom of Netherlands
12. Kingdom of Norway
13. Portugal Republic
14. United States of America
15. Federative Republic of Germany
16. Finish Republic
17. French Republic
18. Swiss Confederation
19. Kingdom of Sweden
3. All other citizens of the countries not listed above are required to obtain the visa and should present additional documents to the Embassy:
1. An invitation letter.
2. Authorization letter for visa from the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic (“visa support”). Inviting person or organization in Kyrgyzstan shall contact the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance before submitting the application for visa at the Embassy.
We strongly advise you do not confirm your travel arrangements until you have received this “visa support” for your visa application.
You can find additional information about visa procedures on the website of the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic www.dcsmfa.kg
Visa Application Documents:
1. Completed visa application form. Please type and provide answers to all questions.
2. One passport size colour photo which should be stapled to the marked space on the upper right corner of the application form.
3. A valid passport (a photocopy will not be accepted) which should have at least one clear page for a visa. Your passport must be valid for at least 90 days longer than the validity of the requested visa.
4. Proof of payment to Embassy’s bank account:
Payment for visas can be made in pound sterling by cheque or bank transfer.
Make cheques payable to: The Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic
Bank transfer should quote your surname and should be made to your nearest Lloyds bank
Account name: The Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic
Sort Code: 30-96-40
Account number: 01974582
5. An invitation letter (in some cases)
6. Additional documents (in some cases)
7. A stamped or prepaid self-addressed Mail envelope (if you send via mail).
Issuance of visas is carried out by:
– Diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad;
– 24 hour working visa department at the international airport «Manas» in Bishkek.
Extension of visa on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic is carried out by:
1) Department of Consular Service of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic for the following categories of visas: diplomatic, official, investment, business (B2), work (W2), tourist.
The address: 10 «a» Togolok Moldo str., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. ph. 312660706, 312663270.
2) Department of Registration of the Population of the State Registration Service (SRS) under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and its territorial sections for the following categories of visas: business (В1), study, work (W1), religious, private, tourist.
The address of the main office: 58 Kiev str., Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, ph. 312662329, 312666120.